Monday, May 3, 2010

Smiley, Happy Baby

So, Aiden is now 2 months old.  He's changed so much in just a week.  It's amazing to me how quickly he changes and how much he learns everyday.  On Monday the 26th he rolled over from his belly to his back for the first time.  The first time I thought it was a fluke and I told him that he wouldn't do it again, but he sure showed me.  He promptly did it as soon as I rolled him back over!  Aiden and I went to our first Mommy and Me yoga class on Friday.  One of the girls in my breastfeeding support group teaches out of her home and a group of us got together to do some yoga and pilates.  We had a good time.  He especially liked it when I did push ups on top of him and gave him kisses when I reached the bottom. 

Trying to smile for Daddy


Kisses from Bedia

On Saturday the 1st he first held onto a toy by himself.  He didn't know what to think of this noisy thing coming from his hand. 

Hey Mom, look what I've got!

He has been smiling at me for a couple of weeks now which is still just as awesome as the first time he did it.  He hadn't smiled for Daddy until Sunday on his 2 month birthday.  Jameson is out of town most of this week for work in Indy, so I tried to give him as much Aiden time as possible over the weekend.  I even left the house for an eyebrow appointment so it was just the two of them for a couple of hours. 

Happily smiling for Daddy

Isn't he the cutest?!

Aiden went to see his doctor today for his 2 month checkup.  He's doing great and growing big and strong.  He weighed 12 lbs 4 oz and measured 26 1/4 inches long.  He's going to be a string bean, as Dr. Ginsburg put it.  Jameson and I are thinking he'll be center on Purdue's basketball team or the quarterback on the football team!!  He's still in the 99th percentile for his height, but has dropped to the 65th percentile for his weight.  He's going to outgrow those 3 month clothes soon, I think.  He'll be out of his infant car seat soon, for that matter!  He was such a trooper for his 3 shots and drink of rotavirus vaccine.  He cried for the shots, of course, but calmed down quickly after Mommy held him and soothed him.  We had to run to Walgreen's for some medicine, because the infant's Tylenol that we have has been recalled.  Poor thing was hurting and I didn't get him relief quite quickly enough.  So, he's been a little cranky today and sleepy too.  It's a lovely combination. 

I haven't written about Bedia lately, but she's doing great.  We went back to puppy class after having to take a break with bringing home Aiden.  She's such a smart dog - too smart for her own good sometimes.  She does really well with Aiden and is very gentle with him.  She loves to lick his feet and hands and sometimes his face or head.  It doesn't seem to bother Aiden too much.  She's growing big and strong too.  She weighs about 80 lbs and is still growing.  She can place her head on top of the dining room table and if she gets any taller on the top of the kitchen counter.  She still has some growing to do as she's only 8 months old.  She can easily put her front paws on top of our 4 foot fence in the back yard.  She does crave a lot of attention and if we aren't giving her an adequate amount she'll grab something she knows she's not supposed to have and parade it in front of us.  It's as if she's saying, "Look what I've got.  Now put down the baby and chase me!"  Earlier today I was upstairs putting Aiden down for a nap when I heard her drop something, and it didn't sound like any of her toys.  I immediately came downstairs and she was waiting for me in the center of the living room with the TV remote hanging out of her mouth.  As soon as she saw that I knew what she had, she ran the other direction around the table.  So, she's a little stinker when she wants to be. 

This was a month ago, but I love this picture of her standing over Jameson.

Our big girl

No comments:

Post a Comment